Sunday, February 22, 2009

I HAVE ARRIVED!

WELL, ITS OFFICIAL I AM HERE!!!! TRY NOT TO BE TOO PERKY, THOUGH I KNOW IT WILL BE HARD. EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T BEEN "OFFICIALLY" ON I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING ALL THE BLOGS FOR THE LAST WEEK OR SO, I MUST SAY I AM ALREADY "HOOKED"! IT SEEMED WAY TO OVERWHELMING TO SET UP, ETC. DIDN'T KNOW IF I FELT UP TO THE TASK OF TRYING TO BE WITTY, THINK CLEARLY, AND ADMIT I AM AN OLD FART WHEN IT COMES TO MODERN TECHNOLOGY. MY SITE I AM SURE WILL NEVER HAVE MUSIC, PICTURES, SLIDE SHOWS, OR VIDEO, SO IT MAY JUST BE TOO BORING, AND THEN WHAT'S REALLY THE POINT? WELL, THIS IS CERTAINLY STARTING OFF CHIPPER, LOL. MOVING ALONG, THIS WAS A BUSY WEEKEND, SATURDAY WAS OPENING DAY CEREMONIES AT 8:30 AM, WHERE SINCE I AM TEAM MOM I TOO HAD TO RUN (YES RUN) ONTO THE FIELD WITH MY GIANT LOMBARDING BODY AND FOR THE TIPPER I WAS WEARING THONGS AND THE GRASS WAS WET AND MUDDY, ALRIGHTY THEN. BLAKE'S FIRST GAME WAS AT 2:00 PM WHERE I THOUGHT I WOULD BE IN A CHAIR ON THE SIDELINES WITH THE OTHER PARENTS, WHEN LORI (TODD'S SISTER WHO IS THE TEAM MANAGER) SAID "DONNA I NEED YOU TO BE IN THE DUG OUT AND WORK THE KIDS" . NOT WHAT I FELT LIKE BUT OK, THEN WHEN IT WAS OUR TURN TO HIT, SHE QUICKLY THREW A PAPER AT ME WITH THE LINE UP AND INFORMED ME I WOULD BE WORKING THAT TOO. FOR ANY OF YOU WHO KNOW JUST A LITTLE ABOUT ME KNOWS I MIGHT AS WELL OF BEEN ON MARS (NUDE). SOMEHOW I MADE IT THROUGH WITH COMMENTS LIKE " I DON'T LIKE THIS HELMET, WHY CAN'T I GO NEXT? AND TRYING TO KEEP THEM FROM KILLING EACH OTHER SWINGING THE BATS AROUND. IT WAS A VERY KAOTIC GAME, BUT STILL HAD ALOT OF LAUGHS AND FUN. ONE LITTLE BOY WAS STANDING ON THE PITCHERS MOUND AND INFORMED EVERONE HIS GLOVE WASN'T WORKING, LOL. SATURDAY NIGHT KATIE HAD A BIRTHDAY PARTY TO GO TO THAT WAS THEMED "ROCK DIVAS" SHE LOOKED GEAT (OF COURSE)! AND IF I WASN'T SUCH A GLUE I COULD POST A PICK OF BOTH BLAKE AT HIS GAME AND KATIE BEFORE SHE WENT TO THE PARTY. WELL, I THINK I WILL END NOW AS KATIE JUST CAME IN AND INFORMED ME THAT I NEED TO MAKE CORRECTIONS AND TYPE UP A STORY FOR HER THAT IS DUE TOMMORROW, GUESS SHE HAS INHERITED THE LAST MINUTE GENE FROM ME. GLAD TO BE HERE, DEB IF IT WASN'T FOR YOUR POST TO ME DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD OF BEEN, THANX. LOVE TO ALL, DONNA

6 comments:

  1. I am sooooo perky you are on! And I love the name! Your post was really funny and informative. What a marathon on the game! I can just picture you running onto the field. I know what you mean about the pictures, they would be a perfect addition to your post. I will be having them come out any minute myself. Love you and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone thinks there a glue at first, once you learn how to do everything you'll realize how easy it is - maybe i could help. besides, this post was really funny, not everybody is.... and funny isn't really something you can learn : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!! I'm SOOO glad you are here...This was very good. I was roaring alone on the coach this morning when I saw your blog name, and I personally have lived many of your ball game stories....I know you don't like to stand up to Lori, BUT usually there is an assitant coach who works the dug out (at least, somwtimes they do much more) cuz as team mom you will have your own set of chores. My first mission (if I were you) would be to call all the team players parents and ask which one of them would like that job. I guess if no one else steps up, (but I bet they will) you will be on it. This is to say unless you like the dug out. We use to take turns on American Pastime (and usually it was the dad's) and while I enjoyed snorting around in there with the girls you, (a) couldn't see the game very well, (b) didn't have the other parents to chew with, (c) it was quite the draining little work out as we were usually playing in horrifying heat and we were standing (always a nightmare)the whole time putting icy cloth rags on their heads....I can help you with pics, and decs if you want. It's really very fun. In fact I would thoroughly enjoy it....so I could pop over whenever you would like this week and do that, (I don't understand over the phone directions very well, but you might, in which case I could do it over the phone if you would rather) and then be there to see Katie and Blake. Of course if we get REALLY involved we will have to have Jimmy who can do ir right from his house quite quickly. OK, this comment is long enough....you could just type back your answer, I snort on here constantly it seems. haha Love you Spin.....Twist

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO happy you're here! It really just wasn't complete without you! And I thoroughly agree with Jimmy, your post was hilarious! What's more, I had no idea you were VP of the PTA!! WOW! Keep us posted with all of the goings on in your life, I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at your blog name and at this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say thank you for all your kind words and for making me feel welcome!

    ReplyDelete